The Carthage School District Transports Pre-K students ages 4 and up.
Benchmark Family Services
1635 Ohio St.
Watertown, NY 13601
heads up Universal Pre-K for this area. Applications are due at Benchmark by May 1st of each year for the following year's UPK classes. You may go online to Benchmark's website or follow the link below to find an application form.
There are a limited number of students that can attend Universal Pre-K at one time. How are students chosen?
- Benchmark sends all applications to the Carthage School Transportation Department.
- The first 105 applications are separated into the three elementary attendance zones.
- The remaining applicants go on a waiting list.
- The initial routes are created by the transportation department from these first 105 applicants.
- As students leave the program new students from the waiting list in that attendance zone are chosen.
- If a new student fits the route then they can ride a bus. If the new student doesn't fit the route then the parent has a choice to transport themselves.
- If the parent cannot transport and the student does not fit into the initially created routes then the student will be put back on the waiting list and the next student chosen and so on.
- It is important for you to know that we will not cross attendance zones to transport students. If you live in one attendance zone but your baby sitter lives in another then your student must go to the baby sitter's attendance zone.
- Each Pre-K student must stay with the transportation arrangements that are initially made or transport their student if a change is needed.
All questions concerning your Pre-K student's application must first be directed to Benchmark who will contact us for any information they do not have. You may reach Benchmark by calling: 315-786-7285.