Medications at School

 - click for larger imageMedications to be Administered by the School Nurse


The School Health Offices do not supply nor stock ANY medications!

A school medication order(at the bottom of this page) from private physician is to be completed and turned in to the Health Office for ANY medications to be administered at school, during after-school activities (i.e. sports, drama, etc.) or on school sponsored field trips.


This includes ALL prescription and over the counter medications (Cough Drops, Tylenol, Tums, etc.)!


Written Parent permission is also required for ANY medications to be administered at school (prescription and over the counter)  


  • School medication orders are to be renewed EVERY school year (form at bottom of page)

Medications are to be delivered directly to the School Nurse by the PARENT: Do NOT send medications to school with your child!

Self-Carrying Medications

Independent Students are allowed to Self-Carry Emergency Medications with attestation from their Medical Provider.
This includes:
Emergency Inhalers for Asthma
Epipens for Allergic Reactions
Glucagon/Diabetic Supplies for Diabetes

Others medications may be approved for self-carry after being reviewed by the School Medical Director.


 - click for larger image
 - click for larger image
 - click for larger image

Related Links
  • NYSED Guidelines for Medication Administration in Schools- Provides local educational agencies with a framework for developing policy and procedures that meet the requirements for medication administration in both public and non-public schools as defined in state law and regulation. It explains laws impacting administration of medication in a school, and provides guidelines for planning, implementation, and follow-up. It is intended for use by administrators and licensed school health professionals. (10/2015)